Central America, also called Central America, is a region that covers the central part of the American continent, and that geographically unites North and South America; it is gnawed at by both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, which are in turn connected by the Panama Canal.
A little further east in Central America is the Caribbean area, which comprises the Caribbean Sea and the Antilles archipelago, subdivided into Greater and Lesser Antilles. This region enjoys a privileged climate, which makes it one of the main tourist areas of the Americas and therefore its countries have a large number of airports to facilitate access to tourists and to develop the tourism industry.
Most important airports in Central America
- Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) (San Jose, Alajuela, Costa Rica)
- Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA) (Managua, Nicaragua)
- Tocumen International Airport (PTY) (Panama City, Panama)
- La Aurora International Airport (GUA) (Guatemala City, Guatemala)
- El Salvador International Airport (SAL) (San Salvador, El Salvador)